Chaperone Page

Chaperone Area

This page has been created to provide our Chaperone's with all the information they need in one place, hopefully making life a little easier! Scroll down for useful documents and links as well as more information about how to apply for an enhanced DBS and how to renew your license.

We will update this page regularly so if you would like us to add anything just let us know! 

Registering With Joze School of Dance

If you haven't already, please register using the form at the bottom of this page.  This will make sure we have all your details, your consent for storing data and your consent for social media photos.  When filling in the form please make sure you let us have your full name and address as appears official documents.

Upcoming Events

Dates for your diary! We will be needing some Chaperone help for the following dates:

Easter Show on the 25th March 2023

Our Thursday Tech Rehearsal will be on the 23rd March and the Dress Rehearsal on the 24th March

Useful Documents and Links  

We have put together a Chaperone Duties document which outlines the duties a chaperone undertakes during a show or rehearsal, also have a read of our Child Protection Policy and if you have any questions or queries, or can see anything we have missed then please get in touch. 

Bradford Council have a good website page for more information about the Role of a Chaperone.  

Licenses and DBS

To be a Chaperone you need 2 pieces of documentation: an Enhanced DBS Certificate and a Photographic Chaperone License.  The DBS Certificate does not have an expiry date as long as you subscribe to the update service, however the photographic license will expire after 36 months.  

Applying for an Enhanced DBS Certificate

Firstly you will need to contact the Child Employment and Entertainment Licensing team for the authority in which you live.  They should then direct you to the appropriate documents and requirements.  The process can take up to 3 months so start early! 

The Leeds City Council has a very efficient website and a quick search should bring you to the online application form.   Which can be found at the bottom of this page: Leeds Chaperone and Child Licences

For Bradford Council you will need to make contact by email to and request information and forms for a Volunteer Chaperone. 

Renewing Your Chaperone License

Chaperone License's need to be renewed every 3 years and as long as you do not let your license go out of date you shouldn't need to re-apply for an Enhanced DBS Check. 

If your license has been issued by Bradford Council then to renew your license simply email the Child Employment and Entertainment Licensing at and they will send you the appropriate forms and requirements.  

For Leeds City Council use the online form.   Which can be found at the bottom of this page: Leeds Chaperone and Child Licences

It's best to get in touch a month or two prior to your renewal date to make sure it all goes smoothly.

Please let us know if you are asked to pay for any of the above.  Bradford offers a free service for volunteers, however Leeds may charge an admin cost.  



Chaperone Registration Form