Joze School of Dance advises that whenever a student decides to follow along with any of our online dance videos or classes, they should be in good physical condition and be able to safely participate.
As always you should consider consulting a medical professional before engaging in any new form of physical exercise to make sure it is suitable for you or your child.
If your child is taking part in our online dance videos or classes, parents/carers must take full responsibility for their Heath and Safety. When participating online there is a possibility of physical injury, parents/carers are therefore voluntarily agreeing to assume full responsibility for any such injury or accident, which might occur.
Our dance teachers will explain each exercise clearly, however teachers may not be be able to physically spot any potential hazards whilst the student is dancing at home, therefore students must take extra care and responsibility when practising at home/on their own.
In addition, we recommend that a parent/carer is physically present and within close proximity to oversee activity and be on hand should the student need assistance.
Whilst Dancing At Home
Whilst dancing at home please think about the following:
- Just as in the studio please choose appropriate clothing and footwear for the video or class you intend to follow along with. For example, if it contains cardio activity, consider the use of trainers to protect feet, ankles and knees.
- Think about the space in which you will do the exercise. Make sure any potential hazards are removed from the area including furniture and objects with sharp edges. Be aware of slippery floors and wear appropriate footwear.
- If you need to adjust any of the exercises in relation to your space, make sure to choose variations you can perform safely to avoid risk of injury.
- If you develop any pain at home caused by the exercise you are doing, stop the exercise and consider variations to make it more suitable and comfortable. If the pain is severe or related to an injury, please consider seeking medical advice.
- Finally just as in class please make sure you keep hydrated throughout the session.
Injuries and Damages
Joze School of Dance and the teachers shall not be liable for any claims for injuries or damages resulting from or connected with the use of our online videos.